View the Paintings
- The Suncircle
The torches held up and down by Cautes and Cautopates marking the revolvement of earth and sky.
- The Wind
The wind gods and Mithras rejecting to kill.
- The Slaying of the Bull
The sacrifice in the Mithras cult.
- The Sacrifice in the Abrahamic Religions
The sacrifice as the equivocal link between man and god.
Farangis, For Example Mithras II / Zum Beispiel Mithras II
Title: The Suncircle
- Diptych, acrylic on canvas
- Total width: 8.530 ft x height 5' - 6 9/10" (5.577 ft) ; width of separate parts of painting: 4' - 3 2/10" (4.265 ft)
- Diptychon, Acryl auf Leinwand
- Höhe 170 cm x Gesamtbreite: 260 cm ; Breite der einzelnen Bildteile: 130 cm
Please note generally that the photos of the paintings as you see them here, have not been scaled equally. Also it should be noted that the contrasts between red and blue appear relatively strong on the screen. Photos can of course not be a 1:1 substitute for the experience of seeing the original!