View the Paintings
- The Suncircle
The torches held up and down by Cautes and Cautopates marking the revolvement of earth and sky.
- The Wind
The wind gods and Mithras rejecting to kill.
- The Slaying of the Bull
The sacrifice in the Mithras cult.
- The Sacrifice in the Abrahamic Religions
The sacrifice as the equivocal link between man and god.
Farangis, For Example Mithras II / Zum Beispiel Mithras II
Title: Mithras slays the Bull
- Triptych, acrylic on canvas
- Total height: 13.779 ft x width 3' - 3 4/10" (3.280 ft) ; width of separate parts of painting: 4' - 7 1/10" (4.593 ft)
- Triptychon, Acryl auf Leinwand
- Gesamthöhe: 420 cm x Breite 100 cm; Höhe der einzelnen Bildteile: 140 cm
Please note generally that the photos of the paintings as you see them here, have not been scaled equally. Also it should be noted that the contrasts between red and blue appear relatively strong on the screen. Photos can of course not be a 1:1 substitute for the experience of seeing the original!